Are we merely fulfilling the destiny laid out for us or can we change our fates depending on our actions? Angel’s Last Mission: Love shows us that we have the power to alter our destiny but it is not without sacrifices and hardships.
The lead actress (Shin Hye Sun) and lead actor (L) were superb in this kdrama and I hope that they will be catapulted into further stardom because of this kdrama!💫 It was such a high intensity show with all the shouting, rage, and cat & mouse angles certain episodes brought. Balancing out the tense moments were the comedic chops of our angel, Kim Dan, and the subtle but growing love he shared with Yeon Seo were great moments that made the show more exciting to watch.
For a brief overview of Angel’s Last Mission: Love, please read my previous post to get to know this romcom melodrama a bit better!
Unnie Life Lessons
1. Yeon Seo was able to find love and live a life overcoming her scars of losing loved ones and being unable to dance because of her blindness. She emerged a stronger and happier person because she enabled herself to do so💃🏻
- Yeon Seo was so used to being alone and miserable she never thought about how other people might feel of her coming back and automatically getting the lead role in Giselle. She didn’t take Kim Dan’s advice like an entitled heiress but rather, she even suggested to hold an audition to be fair. It shows her willingness to compromise and work with others sincerely.
- Although Kim Dan was highly influential to her path to recovery, it was still her choice if she wanted to listen to him. It was on her own accord to reach out to the ballet corps and sincerely compliment Ni Na of her amazing audition as Giselle. She remained temperamental and wasn’t the most approachable person around but people learned to appreciate her true nature as well.
- It takes a lot of courage to open up and try to get along with people who clearly don’t like you. It’s not easy to think of others given what Yeon Seo has been through herself but she understood that her dreams and hopes are not hers alone; other people get upset or have the same aspirations like her. We can feel as if our own pain is the worst and most brutal compared to others but we can’t compare what we feel to another’s because we’ll never know the magnitude of what one is feeling unless we are them.
2. Our resident angel upheld good values and preached the teachings of God to practically everyone he met. Even if Kim Dan got entangled with human business and rebeled against the norm, his intentions were pure and his actions consistently reflected that of a good person.
- Never one to be quiet about his feelings, Kim Dan said what he wanted to even if it’s toward an audience that didn’t want to hear his opinion. He told Yeon Seo what she needed to hear and fought for his mission to help her find love again. I think he also learned that humans get frustrated and fixated on things that may not make sense for his angel persona but he adapted well enough to give Yeon Seo the space she needed because she was overcoming her own fears and insecurities.
- He saw with his own eyes how evil crept its way into Yeon Seo’s life and by falling in love with her did he start to doubt God’s grand plans for her. Angel’s Last Mission: Love imparts that it’s okay to be confused and angry with your faith — I think that only by questioning your beliefs will you slowly realize the reason and purpose of your struggles. In the end, even if we are tempted to commit a sin, we are anchored to our core values that remind us of what is right. Even when we make mistakes, our beliefs will tell us to repent and ask for forgiveness.
3. We will probably never fully comprehend the reasons why tragic events happen in our life. Not defying what is morally good despite questioning the events of our life is a sacrifice we should strive for. A better tomorrow will come even if we can’t imagine it.
- Kim Dan felt frustrated and confused as to why he can’t save Yeon Seo because saving someone from murder is good right? But it also makes sense that as an angel, he can’t meddle with human affairs especially with matters of life and death. He almost killed Ru Na as the person responsible for Yeon Seo’s attempted murders to desperately prevent any more harm to come to her but he stopped himself because he knew that it would be a grave sin to do so.
- I’m not saying to blindly follow a set of rules established by an invisible deity and hope that by not breaking any of them, you won’t have a hard time. Even if you don’t believe in God, you still follow a set of guidelines that tell you what is objectively right or wrong. Things happen for a reason and I believe that once we get past the confusion and pain, we’ll find this life worth living for✨
4. Yeon Seo and Kim Dan were given a miracle and can spend the rest of their lives together as human beings. They don’t know the exact reason why this was allowed and it didn’t happen immediately but this could be God’s plan for them all along.
- Kim Dan was forgiven for his sin of falling in love with a human and remained an angel. Yeon Seo became the chairman of Fantasia and continued to live her life well despite Dan’s absence. It was then revealed that Kim Dan was allowed to be with her all this time but he was invisible to the human eye. One fateful day as Seo Yeon was contemplating on the bench where they first interacted, she was finally able to see him as his handkerchief (Identity to be an angel) disappeared.
- We pray and hope for good things but when we experience unforseen bad moments, we clamor for the fairness and balance God claims He is. I believe that when we live diligently and trust in a higher power, God will bless us with the very thing we prayed so earnestly for or maybe something more. Miracles can happen in our lives… or it won’t. We can’t give up and let time take away our remaining days as a mortal being because even if the pain seems unbearable now, I truly believe that the feeling will pass and reasons to live will find its way to us.
We’ve always been taught that God is all knowing and that He already knows what will happen to us. Thanks to Angel’s Last Mission: Love, I’d like to believe that if change is the only constant thing in this world, then our unpredictability as humans can also move His heart, forgive us, and bring about changes in His plans for us❤️